VCC Public Services Librarians have received an award from the BCLA ALPS Laud-a-Librarian committee for our online research tutorial. Each year, librarians from BC post-secondary institutions identify and nominate learning objects and this year VCC’s tutorial was among the award winning entries. Other winning sites are presented in the ALPS Laud-a-Librarian Contest winners.
Access this award winning Online Research Tutorial to learn how to search for appropriate evidence and learn information literacy skills.
The VCC library also supports the following educational activities for VCC faculty and students:
1. Doing Research
2. The Information Cycle – how information is created/stored
3. Finding Scholarly (Peer-Reviewed) Articles
5. Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
6. Social Networking Tools – Blogs & Wikis
7. Copyright Guide – Print and digital
8. Film Licenses – Public Performance Rights